Approximately 6:00PM Pacific Standard Time (PST), I logged on to my .Mac webmail and I was greeted with a message from Apple. I have been using the .Mac webmail the whole day because I was not working on my usual computer where I use Mail.app as the email client.
Apple is officially rolling out the new .Mac Webmail interface.
Click on the picture for larger image
If you have .Mac account, just log in to your .Mac webmail.
Based on a number of poeple I know, not all of them have their account switched to the new interface yet.
Update (9:00PM PST):
It seems that Apple rolling it out pretty quick. More reports from colleagues and friends; they are getting the new UI.
Get .Mac from Amazon.com (<$80)
Get .Mac from Apple Store
Features of the new .Mac webmail
- Drag-and-drop functionality
- A message pane
- Quick Reply
- Address Book integration
- Message previews
- Message flagging
- Keyboard shortcuts
List of supported browsers:
Mac OS X
- Safari 1.2 or later
- Firefox 1.0.4 or later
- Firefox 1.0.4 or later
- Internet Explorer 6 or later
Apple posts MacBook SMC Firmware Update 1.1 to address issues with unexpected shutdowns.
Download MacBook SMC Firmware Update 1.1 (<1MB)
MacBook SMC Firmware Update 1.1
About this update
The SMC Update improves the MacBook’s internal monitoring system and addresses issues with unexpected shutdowns. This update is recommended for all MacBook systems, including those that received warranty repair.
If your MacBook is running Mac OS X 10.4.6, you won’t be able to install the SMC Update until you update to Mac OS X 10.4.8.
MacBooks running Mac OS X 10.4.7 will be able to download and install the SMC Update, so it is not essential that you update your system software, although Apple always recommends updating to the latest version of the system software.
After this update has completed successfully, your SMC Version will be: 1.4f12.
Final Cut HD 3.5.1
Final Cut Express HD 3.5.1 addresses compatibility on specific hardware.
Macintosh computer with a PCI Express video card:
- iMac (iSight)
- Power Mac G5 Dual
- Power Mac G5 Quad)
To download the Update
Sign in with your Apple ID. Enter your Final Cut Express HD 3.5 serial number, then click the “Download Update” button to begin downloading the update.
iPod shuffle Reset Utility 1.0
The iPod shuffle Reset Utility restores First Generation iPod shuffle.
iPod shuffle Reset Utility is only for First Generation 512MB and 1GB iPod shuffle.
iPod shuffle Reset Utility 1.0 for Mac – download (2.1MB)
iPod shuffle Reset Utility 1.0 for Windows – download (1.3MB)
Use the iPod shuffle Reset Utility to fix the following issues:
- With the iPod shuffle switched on, pressing the Play button will cause amber and green LEDs to flash for a few seconds, and the unit will not play any music, nor can you sync music to it from iTunes.
- On a Windows PC, iPod shuffle will appear in My Computer as a “Removable Disk,” however the iPod shuffle volume will not mount correctly. The unit is listed in Device Manager under “Disk Drives” as “Apple iPod USB Device.”
- On a Mac, the unit will only be recognized in Apple System Profiler under Hardware -> USB and will not appear or mount in the Finder.
- When attempting to restore, the unit may not be recognized at all. However, if it is recognized, the restore may fail with an error dialog “Firmware update failure. Disk write error” or another error. It may take 3 restore attempts before the error appears. Note: iPod shuffle may take several minutes to be recognized.
iPod shuffle Reset Utility image ©2006 Apple Computer, Inc.