Netflix introduces new subscription plans and price changes.
So for instance, our current $9.99 a month membership for unlimited streaming and unlimited DVDs will be split into 2 distinct plans:
Plan 1: Unlimited Streaming (no DVDs) for $7.99 a month
Plan 2: Unlimited DVDs, 1 out at-a-time (no streaming), for $7.99 a month.
The price for getting both of these plans will be $15.98 a month ($7.99 + $7.99). For new members, these changes are effective immediately; for existing members, the new pricing will start for charges on or after September 1, 2011.
If you are currently a Netflix subscriber, check your plan and act accordingly.
I have streaming only service and I’ d have to pay another $7.99 to get the DVD by mail. I’d be completely happy to have streaming only service if there were more newer movies available.
I watched “Revenge Of The Nerds” on Netflix earlier today. Still entertaining after all these years.
Random thoughts on the movie:
- Hey it’s that guy from E.R.
- Jefferson Darcy
- Zephram Cochrane
- John Goodman, half the size.
Star Trek is now on Netflix according to TekGoblin and others. I also heard the news on Tech News Today this past Friday July 1st, 2011 if memories served correctly.
- I watched Star Trek The Original Series on re-run in the 80’s.
- I followed Star Trek: The Next Generation since its premiere till “All Good Things…”
- I watched a few first episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine.
- I kinda watched Star Trek: Voyager and kinda bored with it.
- I watched Enterprise for one and a half season, then for some reason kept missing it.
I have watched all Star Trek Movies and looking forward to the next one despite major plot loopholes in Star Trek (2009).
Time to get on Netflix.
p.s. I did get to meet Jolene Blalock on an MTV event when Enterprise wa still on production.