Apple has just revealed their latest creation, the iPad. No it’s not the one from Mad TV sketch.
A few days ago I read a hilarious post from knice.landing (20 things Apple haters already hate about the Apple Tablet); it somewhat rings true. Apple haters already hate the iPad. It’s not about the name.
Well, you don’t have to be an Apple hater to hate the Apple iPad. You could be a dirty unbathed free-software hippie for example.
Here are some reasons why, and they are real complaints taken from comments all over the Internet:
- It is not open.
- It is not open source.
- iTunes App Store sucks.
- It is locked in to Apple’s proprietary software.
- It runs Apple’s own processor.
- It is not as good and open and free as Android.
- It has a limited/crippled multi-tasking feature.
- It does not use nVidia Ion chipset.
- It does not use Intel processor.
- It does not run Windows 7.
- Paul Thurrott said the iPad sucks.
- Rob Enderle said the iPad sucks.
- Steve Ballmer said the iPad sucks.
- It has small storage.
- It does not have OLED screen.
- It does not have stylus.
- Steve Jobs is dressed poorly.
- What about Adobe Flash? Seriously, does it even run Flash? Flash! Ah ah! (queues Queen song).
- It does not have real keyboard. (What? It’s a “tablet” computer.)
- It looks like an oversize iPhone.
- Battery life is only 10 hours.
- It is tied to iTunes.
- It does not have 10 Megapixel camera.
- It is on AT&T 3G. Why can’t it be with (insert company name here).
- It is not the one Jason Calacanis said he had. (p.s. Jason Calacanis is an attention whore.)
- It is $499 – that’s too expensive. Greedy Apple!
- No front facing camera.
- No camera.
- Battery is not removable.
- The name “iPad” sucks.
- Netbook is much better.
- It does not have Ogg support.
- It does not play Windows Media Format files.
- It does not have Blu-Ray drive.
- No free software (this and next 3 from Ars Technica)
- No installing apps from the Web
- No sharing music or books
- We can remotely disable your apps & media
More “I hate iPad” diatribes can and might be found below:
More to come……. maybe