Apple releases iTunes 7.0.2
What’s New in this iTunes 7.0.2
iTunes 7.0.2 adds support for the Second Generation iPod shuffle and addresses a variety of stability and performance issues found in iTunes 7 and 7.0.1.
Apple has begun shipping Second Generation iPod shuffle after it was first announced back in September 12, 2006 at the “It’s Showtime” event.
Apple also designated November 3, 2006 as the iPod shuffle Worldwide Launch Date.
Apple’s New iPod shuffle Available Worldwide This Friday
Apple’s new iPod shuffle, the world’s smallest digital music player, will be available in Apple’s retail stores and Apple Authorized Resellers this Friday, November 3. Nearly half the size of the original and priced at $79, the new 1GB iPod shuffle is just half a cubic inch in volume, weighs just half an ounce and features a minimal aluminum design with a built-in clip, making it the most wearable iPod ever. [Oct 31, 2006]
Sling Media releases SlingPlayer for Mac OS X Public Beta. It is available for Mac OS X 10.4 (PPC and Intel).
Apple releases Boot Camp 1.1.2 Beta
Two Finger Scrolling and Two Finger Right Click on MacBook (Pro) Trackpad is now enabled for Windows XP.
Boot Camp 1.1.2 beta provides updated driver support Intel-based Macs including the newly released MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo.
Boot Camp 1.1.2 beta weighs in at 143MB while Boot Camp 1.1.1 weighs in at 186MB
Changes in Boot Camp 1.1.2 beta
Boot Camp 1.1.2 beta contains several updates and is intended for all new and previous Boot Camp beta users.
Boot Camp 1.1.2 beta includes:
- Support for the latest Intel-based Macintosh computers
- Easier partitioning using presets for popular sizes
- Ability to install Windows XP on any internal disk
- Support for built-in iSight cameras
- Support for built-in microphones
- Support for the Apple USB Modem
- Trackpad scrolling and right-click support on Apple Laptops
- Improved Apple keyboard support including Delete, PrintScreen, NumLock, and ScrollLock keys
- Improved International Apple keyboard support
Download Boot Camp 1.1.2 beta
It is recommended to uninstall the previous “Macintosh Drivers” before installing “Macintosh Drivers 1.1.2 beta”.