As expected, Apple upgraded MacBook family with Core 2 Duo. Now all MacBook and MacBook Pro have Intel Core 2 Duo.
Apple today unveiled its new line of MacBook consumer notebooks that now include Intel Core 2 Duo processors. Just one inch thin, the new MacBooks are up to 25% faster than the previous generation and feature a built-in iSight video camera, the MagSafe Power Adapter, and iLife ‘06. [Nov 08, 2006]
Notable changes from previous models:
Processor and memory
- 1.83GHz or 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 4MB shared L2 cache running at full processor speed on MacBook with 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 2MB shared L2 cache running at full processor speed on MacBook with 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 60GB, 80GB, or 120GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard disk drive; optional 80GB, 120GB, or 160GB 5400-rpm; or 200GB 4200-rpm drive
- 6x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
All Macs with the exception of the Mac mini sport Intel Core 2 Duo procesor family. Mac Pro comes with Intel Xeon Woodcrest processors which are based on the Core 2 architechtures.
Macbook Core 2 Duo @ Amazon.com
MacBook 1.83GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 512MB RAM, 60GB Hard Drive, Combo Optical Drive, White
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 80GB Hard Drive, Double-Layer SuperDrive, White
MacBook 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB RAM, 120 Hard Drive, Double-Layer SuperDrive, Black