We’ve got a little more to show you.
Apple Special Event
October 23, 2012
Watch a live video stream of the special event online or via Apple TV starting at 10:00 a.m. PDT.
Tim Cook is on stage
- Apple is gloating about iPhone 5
- Tim Cook talks about iPod line-up
- Tim Cook talks about iOS 6, App Store
Here comes the iBooks
- Tim Cook quickly introduces new version of iBooks
Here comes the Mac news
Phil Schiller is on stage to introduce new Mac
- 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro, 2560×1600, starts at $1,699 and shipping starting today
Mac mini, “You knew there’d be something called mini in this presentation.” – laughter
- New iMac, no optical drive, thin on the edge; an optical illusion.
- “Friction Stir Welding”
- 21.5-inch and 27-inch models.
- “Plasma Deposition”
- Up to 8 lbs less
- Apple Fusion Drive; HD+SSD hard drive – Apple’s own hybrid drive.
- Starts at $1,299
Back to Tim Cook, talking about iPad.
- 100 million iPad sold
- iPad in Education
- iBooks Author
Phil Schiller, talking about iPad.
- iPad, 4th generation
- A6X Processor
- Lightning connector
- Expanded LTE
- Aluminum + Glass enclosure
- “Thin as a pencil”
- 0.68 lbs.
- 7.9-inch diagonal display, 1024×768
- 7.2 mm
- 10-hour battery life
- Retina Display equivalent at 4-ft reading distance
- Here comes iPad mini video with Jony Ives, Michael Tchao, Dan Riccio
- Unibody Aluminum body construction
- Diamond cut edges
- “Every inch an iPad”
- 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB
- 329, $429, $529 for Wi-Fi
- 459, $659, $759 for Wi-Fi+Cellular
That’s it. Hands on time.